Re: Need help on how to backup a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ashish
Subject Re: Need help on how to backup a table
Date
List pgsql-general
ajcity wrote:
> If I wanted to use that with a command like "COPY (SELECT * FROM country
> WHERE country_name LIKE 'A%') TO '<filename>'; " do I specify the file
> location for the remote machine as the <filename> or do I specify the
> location for local machine?
>  And what if the psql clients are different (local: 8.1.5  remote:8.2.6)?
>
>   Thanks
>   Victor

from remote m/c
psql -h some_hostname -c "copy temp to stdout" -Upostgres postgres >
temp.txt

Will create temp file on the m/c from which u r firing the command .

With regards
Ashish

sms START NETCORE to 575758 to get updates on Netcore's enterprise
products and services

sms START MYTODAY to 09845398453 for more information on our mobile
consumer services or go to http://www.mytodaysms.com