Re: Need help on how to backup a table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ajcity
Subject Re: Need help on how to backup a table
Date
List pgsql-general

Local file systems, and the user postgres needs write-access. I'm using
/tmp/... for such.
And yes: COPY from a select works only for 8.2 up, not for 8.1. Create a
table via 'create table as select ...' and COPY this table.

I'm trying to avoid exporting to the local machine before uploading to the
remote machine; I wanna just run it from the remote machine and have the
data on the remote machine once its done. Is there a way to do this?