Re: How to "use" database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: How to "use" database?
Date
List pgsql-general
Anton Andreev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for you detailed answer, but I am exactly in the case when I
> want to paste the script and hit F5 and have both the database and
> tables created.
 >
> A problem also comes from the fact that in order to use the query window
> in pgadmin3, you need to select a database. Then when you create a new
> database you can not access it by name cause you receive an error "cross
> database referencing is not allowed".

You may be able to get your script to work with pgAdmin's restore option
(which seems to use pg_dump)

Try opening your script using the restore command in pgAdmin (Tools menu).

If it doesn't work, backup from pgadmin as a plain file and compare what
it puts out to what you have done.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz