Re: Remove FATAL from pg_lzdecompress - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Remove FATAL from pg_lzdecompress
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>> I attach patch which adds boundaries check and memory overwriting
>> protection when compressed data are corrupted.
>
> Applied with revisions --- it appeared to me that it got the corner case
> wrong where we find a tag just at the end of the input but there's no
> room for the output.  We'd fall out of the loop and then the error
> test would think all is well.

Good point. Is there plan to applied also on other branch? I think it is
useful fix for production release as well. Especially when I want to
check all tuples and report tid of corrupted tuples, I'm not able handle
FATAL exception.

        Thanks Zdenek