Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/03/2008 11:01, dfx wrote:

> The question il: Is there a method to avoid to insert the addesses of
> the clients in the pg_hba.conf and to allow connections from internet
> with security assured only by username and password?

Yes, that's what people have been explaining: you insert a line
something like:

   host  [database]   [user]   0.0.0.0/0   md5

if you're asking if pg_hba.conf can be bypassed completely, then as far
as I know the answer is no. However, inserting the line above will
have a similar effect, at least with regard to incoming network connections.

HTH,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie