Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dfx
Subject Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP
Date
List pgsql-general
I apologize for my confuse exposition.

My server has a static, well known IP.

The problem is that I don't know the IP of my customers (client side) and
then
I cannot insert those addresses in pg_hba.conf file.

The question il: Is there a method to avoid to insert the addesses of the
clients
in the pg_hba.conf and to allow connections from internet with security
assured
only by username and password?

The unique (mandatory) solution to solve this problem id to use web services
(and then port 80)
or there are some other solutions?

Thank you

Domenico