returning a resultset from a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Andreev
Subject returning a resultset from a function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

How do I return a result set? Is there a better way in 'plpgsql' than the one described below?
I do not want to make a select from a function(which pretty useful in many cases):
SELECT * FROM getfoo();
, but I want to just call the function with SELECT getfoo();

--DROP FUNCTION getfoo();
--DROP type compfoo;

CREATE TYPE compfoo AS (f1 integer,f2 integer);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION getfoo() RETURNS SETOF compfoo
AS
$BODY$
declare
    ret_row record;
BEGIN

     FOR ret_row IN SELECT id,mun_id FROM mytable LOOP

          RETURN next ret_row;

     END LOOP;

RETURN;
END;