Re: Benchmark Data requested - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jignesh K. Shah
Subject Re: Benchmark Data requested
Date
List pgsql-performance

Gregory Stark wrote:
> Incidentally we found some cases that Solaris was particularly bad at. Is
> there anybody in particular that would be interested in hearing about them?
> (Not meant to be a knock on Solaris, I'm sure there are other cases Linux or
> BSD handle poorly too)

Send me the details, I can file bugs for Solaris on behalf of the
community. Since I am involved in lot of PostgreSQL testing on Solaris
this year, I have a small list myself (mostly related to file system
stuff though).

I know one regarding bonnie rewriting blocks that you sent out. (I still
havent done anything about it yet but finally have some test machines
for such work instead of using my workstation to test it out :-)

But I am really interested in seeing which one hits PostgreSQL
performance/usability.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jignesh