Re: Benchmark Data requested - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Benchmark Data requested
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 17:33 -0500, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:

> First of all I think it is a violation of TPC rules to publish numbers
> without auditing them first.  So even if I do the test to show the
> better performance of PostgreSQL 8.3, I cannot post it here or any
> public forum without doing going through the "process".

I'm not interested in the final results, pricing etc.. Just a query by
query elapsed times.

Can you show which part of the rules precludes this? I can't find it.

This is a developer list, so "publishing" things here is what we do for
discussion, so it's hardly breaking the spirit of the TPC rules to
publish results here, in the hope of focusing development effort.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com