Re: refactoring basebackup.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tushar
Subject Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/8/21 9:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Here at last is a new version.
Please refer this scenario ,where backup target using
--server-compression is closing the server
unexpectedly if we don't provide -no-manifest option

[tushar@localhost bin]$ ./pg_basebackup --server-compression=gzip4  -t
server:/tmp/data_1  -Xnone
NOTICE:  WAL archiving is not enabled; you must ensure that all required
WAL segments are copied through other means to complete the backup
pg_basebackup: error: could not read COPY data: server closed the
connection unexpectedly
     before or while processing the request.

if we try to check with -Ft then this same scenario  is working ?

[tushar@localhost bin]$ ./pg_basebackup --server-compression=gzip4  -Ft
-D data_0 -Xnone
[tushar@localhost bin]$

--