Re: BUG #3881: lo_open leaks memory - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Akinde
Subject Re: BUG #3881: lo_open leaks memory
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for the reply, Tomasz.

We have now done some more performance tests working with pure C/C++ code, and the results we are finding seem to indicate that the disk thrashing has to do with the OS disk cache, and not as a result of the lo_open call. Notably, we have been unable to recreate the problems we found with the size of the shared buffers affecting performance, which confirms Tom's conclusions.

We still have a performance issue, but the latest round of tests indicate a number of places we should try to tweak.

Thanks for your patience, Tom.

Regards,

Michael Akinde
Database Architect, met.no