ctrl \ makes psql 8.2.5 dump core - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Ross
Subject ctrl \ makes psql 8.2.5 dump core
Date
Re: ctrl \ makes psql 8.2.5 dump core
List pgsql-bugs
Hi all,

I found out this morning that entering CTRL \ at the psql prompt will
make psql dump core. The is reproducible on the two machines I have
here.  Another server running downtown just quits without dumping core.
All are running 8.2.5 on OpenBSD.

I thought I was in the editor, and that key combination invokes nano's
search and replace function.

jross@slony:/var/www/wykids/training-calendar $ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.2.5
contains support for command-line editing
jross@slony:/var/www/wykids/training-calendar $ psql wykids

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

jross@wykids localhost# Quit (core dumped)

The core file is less than a meg in size, so I can either upload it to
our web site or e-mail it directly to someone if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Jeff Ross