Re: statement-level trigger sample out there? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephen Cook
Subject Re: statement-level trigger sample out there?
Date
Re: statement-level trigger sample out there?  (Gerardo Herzig <gherzig@fmed.uba.ar>)
List pgsql-sql
I am curious (coming from a MS SQL Server background, I just started
playing with PostgreSQL recently).

What type of situation would warrant a statement-level trigger that
can't access the old and new values?  Without that access, isn't the
only information you get is the fact that an operation occurred on the
table?  Or am I missing something?

-- Stephen

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello
>
> You cannot to access to values in statement trigger. Postgres doesn't
> support it.
>
> Regards
> Pavel Stehule
>
> On 29/11/2007, Christian Kindler <christian.kindler@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone provide me a simple example of a statement-level trigger? Problem is I do not know how to access the
old.*,new.* values.