Re: statement-level trigger sample out there? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: statement-level trigger sample out there?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 29/11/2007, Stephen Cook <sclists@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am curious (coming from a MS SQL Server background, I just started
> playing with PostgreSQL recently).

yes, I belive. I was too. There are total different style of triggeres
in Postgres. But If I can say, programming in Postgres is much more
confortable. But It is different. You have to use ROW triggers.

> What type of situation would warrant a statement-level trigger that
> can't access the old and new values?  Without that access, isn't the
> only information you get is the fact that an operation occurred on the
> table?  Or am I missing something?
>
> -- Stephen

Statement triggers can be used in some kind of auditing. Maybe. I
didn't use it. And I use Postgres five years.

Pavel

> Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > You cannot to access to values in statement trigger. Postgres doesn't
> > support it.
> >
> > Regards
> > Pavel Stehule
> >
> > On 29/11/2007, Christian Kindler <christian.kindler@gmx.net> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can anyone provide me a simple example of a statement-level trigger? Problem is I do not know how to access the
old.*,new.* values.