Re: Need help with Visual Basic 6 and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Finn Lassen
Subject Re: Need help with Visual Basic 6 and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Thanks for all your help!

I finally broke down and dropped the table and recreated it WITH OID.
Now everything works, even with these simple strings:
       .ConnectionString = "Driver={PostgreSQL
ANSI};Server=localhost;Port=5432;Database=postgres;Uid=user;Pwd=secret,B1=128000"
        rsOut.Open """Contact1""", dbOut, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

I don't understand the difference between "LongVarchar" and "Varchar", but I have to use B1 whether I use the ANSI or
UNICODEdriver.
(Source content of the memo field I put into text data type can be more than 64K, so I choose 128000. The default is
8196,so it has to be increased.)

Conclusion: Version 8.2.4.0 of psqlodbc30a.dll and psqlodbc30w.dll require tables WITH OID.
(The "OID Options, Show column" -- and presumably "ShowOidColumn" -- has no effect.)

Finn

--
Finn Lassen
Deputy CIO