Re: "field doesn't exist" even though I'm sure it does - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Hart
Subject Re: "field doesn't exist" even though I'm sure it does
Date
List pgsql-general
Sam Mason wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 03:13:48PM -0500, Tom Hart wrote:
>
>> column "isactive" of relation "membermailingaddress" does not exist
>>
>>    Table "public.membermailingaddress"
>>     Column      |     Type     | Modifiers
>> -----------------+--------------+-----------
>> IsActive        | boolean      |
>>

> If you don't enclose an identifier in double quotes (") then PG will
> make the identifier lowercase before looking for it.  This is in an
> attempt to support case-insensitive general usage, while still allowing
> case-sensitive usage if you really want it.

Ok, that makes sense. Like I said I created this db to mimic our
previous db, but I think the best solution here would be to continue my
trend of using all lowercase column names so that I'm not faced with
this problem.

Thank you for your reply, and you too Joshua. Sorry for such an easy
question :-)