Re: "field doesn't exist" even though I'm sure it does - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: "field doesn't exist" even though I'm sure it does
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 03:13:48PM -0500, Tom Hart wrote:
> column "isactive" of relation "membermailingaddress" does not exist
>
>    Table "public.membermailingaddress"
>     Column      |     Type     | Modifiers
> IsActive        | boolean      |

If you don't enclose an identifier in double quotes (") then PG will
make the identifier lowercase before looking for it.  This is in an
attempt to support case-insensitive general usage, while still allowing
case-sensitive usage if you really want it.

  Sam