Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: update files for beta3  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>> Just curious, but isn't that something the buildfarm would be good
>> for? generate/commit a 6.1 version of configure, and see if any of
>> hte buildfarm environments break ... or am I missing something
>> 'post-install' that could be affected?
>
> Maybe the BF members could just run their default autoconf as part of
> the build if they have one.

We are making a mountain out of a molehill here. We've managed to get
this right for years with very little fuss. Why make infrastructure to
handle a problem that is at most marginal? I have more pressing concerns
that building an autoconf step into buildfarm.

(And I share Tom's concern about version compatibility - the autoconf
team don't have a great record on that IIRC.)

cheers

andrew