Re: Guidelines for GSoC student proposals / EliminateO(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mengxing Liu
Subject Re: Guidelines for GSoC student proposals / EliminateO(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
Date
In response to Re: Guidelines for GSoC student proposals / EliminateO(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > I agree that we can make skip list a general data structure.  But
> > can we use the fixed-level skip list as a Plan B? Or a quick attempt
> > before the general data structure ?
> > Because I am not familiar with shared memory structure and tricks
> > used in it, and I cannot estimate how much time it would take.
>
> It's not really too bad for fixed allocation shared memory, and I
> can help with that.  If I thought it would save much I could see
> doing a prototype without generalization, but you would still have
> most of the same shared memory issues, since the structure *must*
> live in shared memory.

Thank you. If there is no other problem, I will submit the proposal.

--
Mengxing Liu