Updated 8.3 release, features - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Updated 8.3 release, features
Date
Re: Updated 8.3 release, features  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
All,

I've edited the release some, and I think pending quotes the main body
of the release just about to go.

One thing we could really use, though, is some solid statistics about
how 8.3 improves performance.

I'm working on the extended release now, which is the part which goes on
the website.  I've added a separate features page because there are so
many of them:

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/83ReleaseFeatures

This is based on the main 8.3 Features page.  However, I think we need a
separate version of the page for the press, because:

a) it needs to be worded differently for marketing reasons, and
b) the list for the press should be shorter than the "geek" version.

If anyone can help me fix up that page to make it shorter and better
worded, then please help.  We need to have the English text together
within the next 4-5 days, so it can be translated.

--Josh