Re: COPY ... FROM and index usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toru SHIMOGAKI
Subject Re: COPY ... FROM and index usage
Date
List pgsql-general
Dimitri, thank you for your quoting. I'm a pg_bulkload author.

pg_bulkload is optimized especially for appending data to table with indexes.
If you use it, you don't need to drop index before loading data. But you have to
consider conditions carefully as Dimitri said below. See also pg_bulkload README:

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000261/473/README.pg_bulkload-2.2.0.txt

Best regards,

--
Toru SHIMOGAKI<shimogaki.toru@oss.ntt.co.jp>