Re: COPY ... FROM and index usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: COPY ... FROM and index usage
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le Sunday 04 November 2007 11:22:19 Reg Me Please, vous avez écrit :
> That is, should I drop all indexes during a "COPY ... FROM" in order to
> gain the maximum speed to load data?

When looking for a way to speed up data loading, you may want to consider
pgbulkload, a project which optimizes index creation while loading data, and
bypass constraints: it's useful when you know you trust input.
As I've never used it myself, I can only provides following links:

  http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgbulkload
  http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000261/456/20060709_pg_bulkload.pdf

Regards,
--