Re: subversion support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From brian
Subject Re: subversion support?
Date
List pgsql-general
Roberts, Jon wrote:

> When you edit a function, package, procedure, trigger, etc, it will notify
> you via a pop-up window if there is a difference in the committed version
> and the database version.  You can then click "show differences" and then it
> pops up another window with your typical code differences window.

Wouldn't the fact that the thing has been edited suggest that it has,
indeed, been changed?

Of course, having a diff pop up in your GUI package of choice would be
nice if that's your favoured way to work.

> When you are done revising the code, you then commit it to the repository in
> the tool with a click of a button.
>
> So the long story short I'm getting is, "no it is not on the radar".  This
> is terribly ironic given the fact that pgAdmin is developed using source
> control but the code you write with the tool doesn't have any hooks into
> source control.

About as ironic as any other random software package/project that also
uses version control in development not having those hooks.

brian