Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> So the only other changes I can think of that might affect things are
> the VC++ build or the shared memory changes, though I can't see why they
> would cause problems offhand. I'll go try a mingw build...

mingw build of stock 8.3b1, no configure options specified at all,
consumes 3.2KB of desktop heap per connection.

So, it's either something we're doing different with the VC++
compile/link options, or it's the VC8 runtimes using more resources.

Oh, and I still see the second limitation where it bombs out over about
125 connections, so that isn't build/runtime specific.

Shall we take this over to -hackers btw?

/D