Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> Trevor Talbot wrote:
>> The question is where that's coming from.  I wondered if it was
>> desktop heap originally, but there's no reason it should be using it,
>> and that seems to be precisely the difference between my system and
>> the others.  Connections here are barely making a dent; at 490 there's
>> an entire 45KB committed in the service desktop.
>
> Hmm, Greg mentioned to me earlier that he was suspicious of SSPI which
> seems to drag in dependencies on gdi32.dll and user32.dll via
> secur32.dll. Sure enough, testing with 8.2.5 on XP Pro, I get to 150
> connections running as a service having used 97.2 of desktop heap (vs.
> 45 connections max with 8.3).
>
> So we have a pretty serious regression in 8.3.
>
> Of course, that still doesn't tally up with what you're seeing on
> Win2k3. I'll test on there tomorrow.

Could you try a build without SSPI? It should be as simple as removing
the #define ENABLE_SSPI 1 from port/win32.h. I don't think you need to
touch the linker lines at all, actually, so try without first.

//Magnus