Large Result and Memory Limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Ginsburg
Subject Large Result and Memory Limit
Date
Re: Large Result and Memory Limit  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Large Result and Memory Limit  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,
  I am working on a personnel registry that has upwards of 50,000
registrants.  Currently I am working on an export module that will
create a CSV from multiple tables.  I have managed to keep the script
(PHP) under the memory limit when creating and inserting the CSV into
the database.  The problem comes when I try to query for the data and
export it.  Memory limit is a major concern, but the query for one row
returns a result set too large and PHP fails.

I've thought about storing the data in multiple rows and then querying
one-by-one and outputting, but was hoping there was a better way.

Thanks in advance for the help.

MG

Mike Ginsburg
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.