Re: Large Result and Memory Limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Large Result and Memory Limit
Date
Re: Large Result and Memory Limit
List pgsql-general
Mike Ginsburg wrote:
> Hello,
>  I am working on a personnel registry that has upwards of 50,000
> registrants.  Currently I am working on an export module that will create a
> CSV from multiple tables.  I have managed to keep the script (PHP) under
> the memory limit when creating and inserting the CSV into the database.
> The problem comes when I try to query for the data and export it.  Memory
> limit is a major concern, but the query for one row returns a result set
> too large and PHP fails.

One row?  Wow, I didn't know PHP was that broken.

Try declaring a cursor and fetching a few rows at a time.

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"No es bueno caminar con un hombre muerto"