Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Yapt
Subject Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server)
Date
List pgsql-general
Magnus Hagander escribió:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 11:36:23PM +0200, Terry Yapt wrote:
>> First of all.  I think this method is admisible. Isn't it ?
>>

> It is.

Glad to read it....  :-)

>> And second question: I think my problem is that some rights are wrong
>> after copying data folder.  What are the right rights to apply to data
>> folder ?
>>

> Yes, most likely. You need to grant the postgres service account "Change"
> permissions (or Full Control, but Change is recommended) on the data
> directory. If you didn't do anything speicifically, it will just have
> inherited from further up in the tree, which means that the service account
> only has "Read" access.
>
> //Magnus

I have tried a couple of combinations.... none of them was successful.

I have tried to assign 'Full Control' to data folder and sub-folders and
files.  Varying this 'Full Control' preserving inheritance, deleting
inheritance.  I have tried to assign 'Full Control' to Administrators
and SYSTEM accounts/groups too.  I have tried to do the same thing over
sub-folders, files and so on.

Nothing was ok.

I have got this application errors (in reverse cronological order,
1=more recent):

===== 1 ====
postgres: could not find the database system
Expected to find it in the directory "C:/Archivos de
programa/PostgreSQL/8.2/data",
but could not open file "C:/Archivos de
programa/PostgreSQL/8.2/data/global/pg_control": Permission denied
-2007-10-01 23:19:31 PANIC:  could not open control file
"global/pg_control": Permission denied
--2007-10-01 23:17:28 FATAL:  could not create lock file
"postmaster.pid": Permission denied

Greetings...