Re: How to watch for schema changes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to watch for schema changes
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/3/18 3:00 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, Adrian,
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 4:10 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/3/18 1:53 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>> Hi, Adrian,

>>> I was hoping to create a software which will be just "install-and-use".
>>> No additional script running or database changes is required.
>>
>> After I hit reply my subconscious kicked in and pointed out something:)
>>
>> If there are no database changes why do you need to track schema changes?
>
> That was a bad word selection. ;-)
>
> What I mean to say was "no schema changes/server changes that comes
> independently
> of the program install". Or something to that extent.

Which circles back around to the same question:

If there are to be no schema changes after the install why track them on
subsequent connections?

Or maybe an explanation of what you are trying to achieve would make
things clearer?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com