help with Postgres function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From ctrl@altonsys.com (ctrl)
Subject help with Postgres function
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello.
I'd appreciate any help with a function I'm writing.
I have a simple table like this:
CREATE TABLE websites (
id BIGSERIAL not null primary key,
domain character varying(256) NOT NULL,
last_fetch timestamp without time zone DEFAULT 'now()',
crawl_status smallint not null DEFAULT 1
);

and my function retrieves the next available row in this table, by age
(the oldest inserted and with status 1)
I have written this but I have problems with it...and also it doesn't
seems right to me...from coding style and performance point of view.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION getNextWebsiteForCrawl(integer) RETURNS
website AS '
DECLARE
my_record RECORD;
w website%rowtype;
count smallint;
BEGINSELECT id, domain into my_record FROM websites WHERE crawl_status=1
AND date(last_fetch) > (current_timestamp - interval ''$1 days'')ORDER BY last_fetch LIMIT 1;select count(*) into count
frommy_record;if count > 0 thenw.id := my_record.id;w.domain := my_record.domain;update websites set crawl_status=2
whereid = my_record.id;end IF;return w;

END;
' LANGUAGE plpgsql;

The reason I have that IF is for when there are no more rows
available...
when I call this function (SELECT * FROM getNextWebsiteForCrawl(5))
I get an error:
WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function
getnextwebsiteforcrawl
WARNING:  line 8 at select into variables
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "(" at character 13

Could somebody good show me how to do it better?
Thanks a lot!