Re: OpenSSL Applink - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dave Page
Subject Re: OpenSSL Applink
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
>>> From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>>> ... It's not entirely clear whether BIO_new_fp() would avoid the
>>> problematic calls, but it doesn't look like it'd be hard to try.
>
>> The last version of the patch I posted uses BIO_new_file() in all cases, and (from memory) BIO_get_fp() in the
non-win32case to get a FILE* to pass to fstat.

> Did you manage to get rid of the bogus-error-message problem that
> afflicted the first version of the patch?  If so, this way is fine.

No, thats still an issue.

> If not, keeping control of file-opening in our own hands might be
> a way to dodge that.

That doesn't work because we still end up passing FILE pointers between
potentially differing runtime builds/versions) which OpenSSL then
detects and bleats about including OPENSSL_Applink().

/D