Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL conferences (next 12 months) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL conferences (next 12 months)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Simon Riggs schrieb:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 08:50 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

>> Some in the community are planning a series of conferences throughout
>> the next 12 months.
>>

> What is the purpose of these conferences? Why are there so many?
>
> Surely if you want to get people together, we'd have just one?

hello simon ...

we were thinking of repeating the Prato event next year in Vienna
(Austria). I have already talked to some people in Germany about that
and it seems that the persons I have talked to like the idea. I
contacted the city of Vienna today to see if we can get some support
from those people (they use PostgreSQL so they should be interested).

this is just an idea up to now but i think it makes sense to do an event
in Europe once a year or so.

    many thanks,

       hans