Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL conferences (next 12 months) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL conferences (next 12 months)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>> What is the purpose of these conferences? Why are there so many?
>>
>> Surely if you want to get people together, we'd have just one?
>>

>hello simon ...
>
>we were thinking of repeating the Prato event next year in Vienna
>(Austria). I have already talked to some people in Germany about
>that
>and it seems that the persons I have talked to like the idea. I
>contacted the city of Vienna today to see if we can get some
>support
>from those people (they use PostgreSQL so they should be
>interested).
>
>this is just an idea up to now but i think it makes sense to do an
>event
>in Europe once a year or so.

Hi,
from what I've heared in the newborn eu list and from the prato
people
at this moment half of europe wants to do PostgreSQL conferences :-)

Maybe we should discuss this (again) on the eu list.... so we can be
sure that just one conference labels itself as "international" and
we don't drain each others guests from other continents?

Then again, I'd like Vienna. It would be a reasonably short travel
for
me ;)

Bye,
Chris.