Re: All Wisconsin Circuit Courts now using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: All Wisconsin Circuit Courts now using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
<20070831103900.GQ14845@svr2.hagander.net>, Magnus Hagander
<magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> I don't know exactly how much it'd take, but I would *love* to see this as
> a "proper case study" on our website. I know we already have a couple of
> quotes in the archive, but a complete case study would be even better.
> WOuld that be doable?

I'll poke around and see what other case studies look like.  I'm pretty sure
management would not approve it as "on the clock" work, but if the effort is
within reasonable bounds, I'll do it on my own time.

Our situation is going to be pretty atypical, though, because we have our
own framework for development and production, and when we needed to redo it,
management asked that we do whatever we felt necessary to make the new
version independent of both the back end database and the OS.  With that
framework we may have had an easier time moving to a new database product
than many will.

-Kevin