Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Brian Hurt <bhurt@janestcapital.com>)
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  ("Derek Rodner" <derek.rodner@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)  (Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before anyone goes down this path too far it is very important that I
> disclose (as I have on multiple occasions before) that Command Prompt
> owns the name Postgres, Inc (and domains postgresinc.com/net/org).
>
> Although we do not have intention to immediately change our name, I will
> note that if the project changes its name, it increases the possibility
> that we may do so.

First, thanks for letting us know this before people get too settled on
something :) At least those of us who missed it last time(s)...

Second, this makes my own vote much easier: a clear -1 on the change
(unless cmd would be donating that name+domains to the pg fund or
something, but given that you didn't suggest that I don't expect that to
happen)

//Magnus