Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Derek Rodner
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
List pgsql-advocacy
Magnus,

Notice that Josh owns postgresINC.com/net/org   I am still a +1
regardless of that.  While Josh could change his name, he would have to
balance the loss of the CommandPrompt collateral that he has already
garnered.  It is not as simple a change as PostgreSQl to Postgres.

Regardless, even if Josh changes the company name, I believe that the
benefits far outweigh that potential negative and we should move
forward.

Derek M. Rodner
Director, Product Strategy
EnterpriseDB Corporation