Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 28 August 2007 14:11, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> I have been avoiding voting on this topic.  But. . .
>
> First, discussing this without reference to the work it would cause
> and such like is foolish...

This sounds like basing a decision on getting the most benefit with the least amount of work.

I respectfully counter your argument by suggesting that in this matter the effort, although significant, is justified
bythe benefits.

I argue that the exercise of debating and, if it comes to pass, implementation has benefits that far outweighs the
effort.

> this strikes me as a plan to get all manner of people all over the
> Net -- many of whom maybe hate Postgres -- to come and suggest that
> _other_ people do work for a cosmetic change.

And I really do believe it when I say that there's no such thing as bad press

> I also don't believe
> that claim that there's no such thing as bad press.  If you disagree,
> ask the engineers of the Corvair.

Comments from the marketing  / sales crowd.... yes that includes you too Rich?

Robert