Re: Tables dissapearing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kamil Srot
Subject Re: Tables dissapearing
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 10:03:04PM +0200, Kamil Srot wrote:

Sure, I ment it like I'll do the FULL vacuum less often than daily and
do daily the plain vacuum command.
If you have your servers set up correctly, you should never need to
perform VACUUM FULL.

I see. Thank you for the hint...
Well, I do list all databases with the command "psql -U postgres -l -t"
and with some shell coding I do vacuum all shown databases...
I don't think there is some problem in it...

If you do see some, can you give me a hint?
I don't think I've seen the script itself.  Without seeing it, I can
only guess.  But you don't actually need to do that.  You should be
able to run vacuumdb -a, and get the result you need.

The script is very simple one:

#!/bin/sh
PGDIR=/opt/pgsql

DATABASES=`$PGDIR/bin/psql -U postgres -l -t | cut -f 1 -d '|'`

for db in $DATABASES
do
    echo "vacuum;" | $PGDIR/bin/psql -U postgres $db
done

I can easily rewrite it to use the vacuumdb command, but I doubt it'll make any difference.

Is there a way how to find out the problem is here? I scanned the log output of pgsql for wrap around but didn't found aby recent relevant entries... I'm pretty sure, I miss something stupid :-(

Thank you very much for your help,
--
Kamil