Re: training as a means of advocacy? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: training as a means of advocacy?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Scott,

However, I am finding training is even more difficult to find for PostgreSQL.  My situation requires online courses or travel to a classroom for a short course; onsite training isn’t cost effective for one person.  Unless I want to go to Germany, all classes I can find assume the student already knows Linux and SQL and has experience with a similar program like Oracle, and is familiar with numerous acronyms.

We offer a "Implementing databases with PostgreSQL" course that requires no knowledge of SQL, acronyms, or Linux.  However, we haven't scheduled it on our public calendar for quite some time, since we haven't had many requests for the course (we schedule public courses based on our perceived demand).  However, based on your request I'll see if we can't get it on our calendar - though it probably won't be until the 2008 calendar year. :-(

We love to drive adoption of PostgreSQL whenever possible.... :-)
--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group