Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tyson Lloyd Thwaites
Subject Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework
Date
List pgsql-general
Greg Smith wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Tyson Lloyd Thwaites wrote:
>
>> It looks like it would be best if we re-worked our transactions and
>> controlled them manually for the portions that need it.
>

> I am glad you have moved so quickly through grief and into acceptance.

Heh heh - maybe I've had good councellors...

>> It is still a possible point of confusion, but I am starting to think
>> that pgsql has it right, and mssql has it wrong. (I feel betrayed!)
>> This issue probably deserves a prominant place in the FAQ!
>

> In whose FAQ?  Would need more details about what MS-SQL is doing
> badly to cover it on this side of things.  There's been some
> collecting of trivia in that category lately, haven't gotten to issues
> with their product much so far.

Pgs... like a warning that you can't do this;

begin
insert 1 --works
insert 2 --fails
commit

row 1 will exist in db (yes, no kidding). This will not work in pg,
which I now see is obviously correct.

--
Tyson Lloyd Thwaites
Lead Software Developer