Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Tyson Lloyd Thwaites wrote:

> It looks like it would be best if we re-worked our transactions and
> controlled them manually for the portions that need it.

I am glad you have moved so quickly through grief and into acceptance.

> It is still a possible point of confusion, but I am starting to think that
> pgsql has it right, and mssql has it wrong. (I feel betrayed!) This issue
> probably deserves a prominant place in the FAQ!

In whose FAQ?  Would need more details about what MS-SQL is doing badly to
cover it on this side of things.  There's been some collecting of trivia
in that category lately, haven't gotten to issues with their product much
so far.