Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tyson Lloyd Thwaites
Subject Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework
Date
Re: [RESEND] Transaction auto-abort causes grief with Spring Framework  (Tyson Lloyd Thwaites <tyson.lloydthwaites@allianza.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
True... apologies for any offence caused. Tweaking emotion levels.....
done :)

The core problem is that we are maintaining a fairly mature app, and the
behaviour in question means we effectively can't integrate with
postgresql (which is a shame - I really *really* want to... we currently
ship with MSDE!). We can't really re-engineer our transaction
demarcation, we need to be able to handle errors and continue.

It seems like something that would be fairly easy to change... I don't
know. I read someone talking about putting automatic checkpoints on
every statement that goes through the jdbc driver to get around this
issue. Perhaps this is the only way... unless pg could be put in a mode
where it did this for you... like autocommit, but auto-checkpoint.

Otherwise, I love everything else about postgresql, such as partitioning
etc, which I would love to implement if I knew our app could recover
from errors.

Thanks,
TLT

--