Re: Function with Integer array parameter - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ranjan Kumar Baisak
Subject Re: Function with Integer array parameter
Date
List pgsql-general

Decibel! wrote:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 11:14:25AM -0400, Ranjan Kumar Baisak wrote:
Postgres Gurus,                           Please suggest me what is wrong with this
function.
This function tries to retrieve set of rows from description table based
on set of ID fields passed as array.

The error, I get is : ERROR:  only one AS item needed for language "plpgsql"

CREATE OR REPLACE function get_description_list(integer[]) RETURNS SETOF
type_description AS
'DECLARE
       WHERE   d_base.id in array_to_string(ints_desc_ids alias,',')
Note the quotes.

Use dollar quoting... it$$s your friend.
I tries wir $$ as well as ''(two single quotes instead of one single quote) but still got the same error.
I think the error is with
  WHERE   d_base.id in array_to_string(ints_desc_ids alias,',').
I need a way using integer array in where clause.