Re: I get a error msg when i try to connect to the DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brad Nicholson
Subject Re: I get a error msg when i try to connect to the DB
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 21:16 +0530, Rajaram J wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed PostGRESql 7.4.17 and when i try to connect to the db
> i get the msg
>
> psql: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "???", user "sfmdb",
> database "LOGDB", SSL off

You are allowing local, non TCP/IP connctions, and connections through
the loop back, but you are not allowing remote conncetions.  You need an
entry of some form that is

host all all ??? 255.255.255.255 trust

btw, trust is usually bad, you should use some form of authentication.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106