Re: .NET driver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: .NET driver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat schrieb:
> That would be nice. Of course none of this seems relevant to hackers, so I'd

Your'e right - of course.

But sometimes I wish 'hackers' would care a little more about their
interfaces as the best backend can't be good without good interfaces and
some of the PostgreSQL-interfaces don't reach the standard they are
reaching for other databases.
As a windows-user I still can't drag and drop a Dataset in VS.Net with
Npgsql and I still have to build a single-threaded perl if i want to use
DBD::Pg (I know about DBD::PgPP).

I'm really happy with the backend right now and I could perhaps convince
the decision makers at my job to use my personal favorite (in addition
to MSSQL) - but not as long as the interface doesn't look like the one
they are used to.

If C# will not go above 5-10% in this
http://www.postgresql.org/community/survey.13 statistic, PostgreSQL will
not be able to cover all the markets it could.
See:
http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/08/programming_language_trends_1.html

As I know that this is is off-topic here I'm not going to discuss this
any further on this list but I'll respond to personal mails or follow an
invitation to 'advocacy' (to which I'm not yet subscribed) or any other
convenient list.

Regards,

Brar