tsearch2 upgrade problem and mediawiki - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jon Lapham
Subject tsearch2 upgrade problem and mediawiki
Date
List pgsql-general
After upgrading from Postgres 8.1 to 8.2 (via pg_dumpall) I had problems
with mediawiki (v1.9.2) that utilized tsearch2.  I thought I had fixed
the problem by removing tsearch2 in my v8.1 databases, pg_dumpall-ing
and reloading to v8.2, and re-installing tsearch2 from scratch.

When updating a page in mediawiki, I get an error.  This is what I am
seeing in my pg_log:

STATEMENT:  SELECT nextval('rev_rev_id_val')
ERROR:  record "new" has no field "textvector"
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "ts2_page_text" line 3 at assignment
STATEMENT:  INSERT /* Revision::insertOn */  INTO pagecontent
(old_id,old_text,old_flags) VALUES ('2128','{| class="wikitable [snip]

The table "pagecontent" has a trigger:
wikidb=> \d pagecontent
                         Table "mediawiki.pagecontent"
   Column   |  Type   |                       Modifiers

-----------+---------+-------------------------------------------------------
  old_id    | integer | not null default
nextval('text_old_id_val'::regclass)
  old_text  | text    |
  old_flags | text    |
     "pagecontent_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (old_id)
Triggers:
     ts2_page_text BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON pagecontent FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE ts2_page_text()

with this code:

BEGIN
   IF TG_OP = 'INSERT' THEN
   NEW.textvector = to_tsvector('default',NEW.old_text);
   ELSIF NEW.old_text != OLD.old_text THEN
   NEW.textvector := to_tsvector('default',NEW.old_text);
   END IF;
   RETURN NEW;
   END;

This looks like a problem with tsearch2 to me... can anyone give me a
pointer on where to go from here to debug this?  Thanks!

-Jon

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham@jandr.org>                Rio de Janeiro, Brasil