Re: question about connection settings - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: question about connection settings
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dave Page a écrit :
> Jack wrote:
>> Hi, all
>>
>> I tried to use "set search_path to x1, x2, public" for postgreSQL
>> when doing a connection. After that, I won't specify schema for
>> any database object in sql, or plpgsql for postgreSQL will search it by
>> the order I set at the connection. While with pgAdmin, I can't find such
>> a connection settings which I can do "set seach_path". If I open an sql
>> window to do it, the pgAdmin didn't get the search path. It seems every
>> sql window has its own connection. Is that possible to let sql window
>> use the same connection with the pgAdmin? Thank you jin advance!
>
> No, thats not possible, nor is is ever likely to be (consider what would
> happen if you started browsing objects in the treeview whilst a long
> running query was executing).
>
> You could just set the search_path as the first query in the query tool,
> or as a parameter of your user account.

You can set it on the database you connect to (with ALTER DATABASE mydb
SET search_path TO ...) or on the user you use to connect to the
database (with ALTER USER myuser SET search_path TO ...).

With pgAdmin 1.8, you can also use the new Macros feature which allows
you to bind a key to a SQL macro. Whenever you will hit this key in the
query tool, the recorded query will be sent.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/    http://lfs.traduc.org/    http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->