Re: recover data - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: recover data
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 26/07/2007 15:22, Mahmood Ali wrote:

> thanks for reply the Administrative -> Tools ->
> Services - is unable to start. my topic is that how
> can we recover data from any postgres sql without
> restore backup.

Hi Mahmood,

Please send replies to the list also, so others can benefit.

Have you tried connecting from the command line, on the server box, with
psql? - in order to establish whether the server is actually running.

psql -U <username> -p <port, if not 5432> <databasename>

Assuming that you can connect in this way, use pg_dump to create a text
dump file of the data.

pg_dump -U <username> -p <port, if not 5432> -d <database> -f <filename>

HTH,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie