Re: Oops in fe-auth.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Oops in fe-auth.c
Date
Re: Oops in fe-auth.c  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:28:57AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Given this, I'll go ahead and fix fe-connect to support PQExpBuffers,
>>> unless there are any objections.
>> I'm not against that, but I question what bug you've really found.
>
> I never actually tested if it crashes on mingw, but looking some more at it
> it really should - once one of these errors happen.

Hm. Much easier than that - the code is new in HEAD. 8.2 did
fprintf(stderr). And HEAD still does that in at least one case.

Anyway, I'll go ahead with the patch I wrote since it does Seem Nicer to
actually use the PQexpbuffer code there, and the patch was rather
trivial, but it's certainly not something to backpatch then...

I also found at least one other place in libpq where it still does
fprintf(stderr). That should probably be fixed at the same time, right?

//Magnus