Re: [PERFORM] 8.2 -> 8.3 performance numbers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [PERFORM] 8.2 -> 8.3 performance numbers
Date
Re: [PERFORM] 8.2 -> 8.3 performance numbers
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim,

> Has anyone benchmarked HEAD against 8.2? I'd like some numbers to use in
> my OSCon lightning talk. Numbers for both with and without HOT would be
> even better (I know we've got HOT-specific benchmarks, but I want
> complete 8.2 -> 8.3 numbers).

We've done it on TPCE, which is a hard benchmark for PostgreSQL.  On
that it's +9% without HOT and +13% with HOT.  I think SpecJ would show a
greater difference, but we're still focussed on benchmarks we can
publish (i.e. 8.2.4) right now.

--Josh